Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TAREK FATAH: THE OIC DOES NOT SPEAK FOR MUSLIMS

A great Canadian, Tarek Fatah, recently traveled to Geneva and gave what-for to the Islamists attempting to infect the UN Human Rights Commission.

"I approach the issue of freedom of speech and freedom of expression embodied in the 1948 UN Declaration of Universal Human Rights as defending a treasured right that few of my co-religionists can dream off, let alone cherish or possess."
. . .
"To suggest that any criticism of Islamism, the political ideology of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Iranian Ayatollahs, is anti-Islamic is a bogus and fraudulent position. I would contend that my religion Islam demands that I stand up to these bullies and take away from their
right to put padlocks on poetry and chastity belts on independent thinking."
I was fortunate to attend his address in Port Hope late last week. Tarek has a charming wit, lives his life in the ambience of joy, and is a great soldier of the Eternal Vigilence Force.

No comments: